A while ago myself whilst playing around with “other” platforms decided to review a set of books from the fantastic Packt Publishers who kindly sent us a few titles to give out opinion on, I picked up:
XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example: Beginner’s Guide – Visual Basic Edition
Android NDK Beginner’s Guide
Both were excellent reads and you can check my reviews from the links above.
So with the the new year Packt have requested my services again and sent me over a new Android book that is coming soon:
The highlights certainly make it an interesting offer with subjects ranging:
- Use the Social API of Android 4
- Create and configure GridLayout
- Use the Calendar API of Android 4
- Create and configure the Action Bar
- Design user interfaces that support different screen sizes
- Create and manage Fragments
- Support Multiple APKs
- Use new APIs in older versions of Android
It certainly seems from my brief look so far that Android are starting to get their act together going forward with V4 and (dare I say it) learning some lessons fro both Apple and Microsoft.
Will get back to you as soon as my review is done!